Friday, January 9, 2009

Checkers

Here it is.. my very first attempt to do a food post not because I'm jumping into the bandwagon but because this place is really good thus needing some evangelism.


Ice Lemon Tea (RM5.50)


Galette (RM19) - a French pizza-like crepes made with a wheat flour base topped with cheese, mushroom and bacon. Those who are oblivious would think it's just pizza.


Roasted Pork Knuckle served with mashes and sauerkraut (RM68). One must try either this or the Lord of the Ribs when you visit this joint. Guaranteed an unforgettable and savory dining experience (OK I know I'm exaggerating here)


Sucketh til it's a dried


I like this poster that was put up just above the entrance. They're watching us eating them!

The night ended with an ice cream dessert served like ice kacang (with cin cau, cendol, assorted nuts, blueberries and RUM). Sorry no picture here. The aspired food-blogger needs to remember to pray take a picture before eating next time.

I would call this place Damansara Height's best kept secret. The location is not easy to find so do your research before heading. The warm and witty guy who served us insist that we call to make reservation when we go the next time. If you do see him, help me ask for his name and notice for yourself how a guy who opens a pork joint can still look so thin.

I'm definitely going back there for the ribs. Anyone?

Checkers Restaurant
19, Lorong Setia Bistari 2,
Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2095 3304
Operating Hours: 6pm ~ 10pm (close on Monday)

No comments: